D.E.C.O. is our schools version of a parent, teacher, student and staff organization (PTO). The initials stand for Duncan Elementary Community Organization.
All Duncan parents are a part of D.E.C.O. and we invite everyone to participate. The time commitment depends on the role, but there is certainly a good fit for everyone!
Goals & Objectives
Duncan Elementary Community is an organization whose purpose is to strengthen, enhance and encourage the educational and social environment of Duncan Elementary. Its goals are to complement the school curriculum with additional opportunities for parents, teachers and student to learn, socialize, communicate and grow.
- To assist faculty and staff of Duncan Elementary in the development of a curriculum and school environment which encourages students to achieve their goals.
- To sponsor and coordinate social activities for the students and families of Duncan Elementary.
- To promote student participation in worthwhile community activities.
- To conduct fundraising activities to enhance academic programs, supplement improvements to the building and grounds, purchase additional educational materials and playground equipment.
- To help create a community and sense of connectedness.
2023-2024 D.E.C.O. Board Members
|Community Outreach||Teresa Kay|
D.E.C.O. hosts monthly meetings in the Media Center and we encourage you to join us to see what is happening in the Duncan Community and to share your ideas!
2023-2024 DECO Meeting Dates